Sixties Bunch in Newcastle
Contents The Gallery Past Reunions Newcastle 2019
2019 Reunion in Newcastle
The Premier Inn Gate hotel was excellent – right in the middle of town – 5 minutes from the train station and 2 minutes from the bus station.
Susanne Barrett (Milligan), Jane Cheshire (Cordle), Marion Reed (Rix), Sandra Hornigold (Leeks) Alan Bridges, Steven Human and Philip Wade.
What did we do between us?
- Walked the High Bridge, Millennium Bridge, Tyne Bridge and the swing Bridge.
- Visited the Baltic Museum for contemporary art.
- Visited the Biscuit Museum (no biscuits except in the café!) - an arts and craft gallery with everything for sale
- Took the bus to visit Tynemouth, strolled along the promenade to North Shields, caught the bus up to Whitley Bay and back to Tynemouth for a drink.
- Visited Tynemouth Castle.
- Visited the Discovery Museum.
- Took part in the Grease singalong at the Sage.
- Watched the musical Annie at the Theatre Royal.
- Watched Norwich City v Reading in the Sports Bar at Newcastle United’s St James Park.
- Spent a fantastic day at Beamish Museum.
- And wandered around the shops, streets, Grainger Market as well as calling into the odd bar and eating place.
The weather was a bit chilly most days but the day at Beamish was sunny and warm.
And now to plan for 2020.
Click on the thumbnails to see full-size photos & use your browser's <back> button to return
Mazzie and Alan arriving Sandra and Steve arriving Mazzie Sandra Jane, Steve, Philip, Mazzie, Sandra, Alan and Susanne Susanne and Alan in the Chinese Garden Susanne, Philip and Mazzie Alan, Susanne and Philip at the Discovery Museum All at the Sage Building Steve and Alan Steve, Philip and Alan at Beamish Museum Church Jane and Steve at Beamish Museum Philip in The Sun Philip and Alan in The Sun Steve having a rest Susanne on the High Bridge Alan The Thinker
Wymondham College Remembered